Thursday, August 16, 2012

Katelyn's 1st day of 1st grade!

August 16, 2012- Today is your 1st day in 1st Grade!!!
Where has the time gone? My precious wittle Katie Bug is a big 6 year old First Grader!


Although we arrived to school early, you were still the last First grader there in your class. (Surprise, Surprise! lol) It was a little overwhelming for you seeing all those kids sitting at their desks. You told me in the car on the way that you were already really nervous, and were afraid you'd be too shy. ( I'm thinking, Michael-jr shy?! no way! ;)  I started in on the picture taking...which you informed me that I was embarrassing you with. So I stopped, but then you froze. Seeing the look on your face standing at your classroom door told me that Mama better do something.
I grabbed the stroller with Maddie in tow and just be-bopped myself into the classroom right to your desk like I owned the place. You were quick to follow! (yea, Kate...you're welcome!) I snapped a few more pictures, followed you to your locker and gave you a pep talk. You acted like you were all fine and said, "No, Mom...really! You're embarrassing me!" Lol. So, with that I decided to plant a big kiss on your cute chubby cheek and said goodbye. You turned around and gave me a great big smile! :) As if to say, "Really, Mom.....thanks!! I love you, here is your kiss!" I didn't tear up until then. Then I had to go. Maddie and I left you to your teacher who assured me that you were in good hands! :)
Growing up can be so hard for Mommies!! Ahhh.... Anyways, here are the pictures!

1st day of 1st Grade!


Yes, I followed you to your locker!



You have your very own desk! Yes, this is embarrassing you!
The little girl beside you spells her name the same as our Madelyn!





Mrs. Lawson and Katelyn
                               

So, I may have been THAT Mom, but Kate you will thank me for this and appreciate it later! :P
I love you sweet baby girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment