Monday, August 22, 2011

Kate's Big Day!

Our Little Big Girl on her first day of Kindergarten!! 
She wanted her hair curly, so the night before we put sponge rollers in her hair! :)


She is so excited! So much so, I felt bad for wanting to be sad about her starting Kindergarten! No tears from her or I today, just smiles!! Thank you Pre-K for preparing us! What fun adventures she is beginning!!


We really like her teacher and feel they are a very good fit! Thank you Jesus for designing it that way!!
At meet the teacher night we received packets of papers and included in there was a "get to know your student" sheet.  I loved that her teacher was interested in getting to know our child! It wasn't just basic info-she wanted to know their strengths, weaknesses, personalities, about their home life, and also any expecations and thoughts our child has about Kindergarten! How thoughtful!! Of course, as a proud Mama I had lots to say about my little girl. I shared with the teacher how she is so eager to learn! She desperately wants to learn how to read and write.... to the point it becomes frustrating for her. We'll find her trying to read her books and our grown up books/bibles.  She'll also pull out her notebooks and write a few letters then finish it out the line with squiggly's! I think it's adorable but she'll come tell me in a sad voice,  "Mama, I don't know how to write words....just a few then I have to use squiggly's!"  I tell her, "those squigglys are your thoughts in your own special writing!"  Then I'll ask her to read them to me.  Michael and I try to encourgage her. We tell her she's doing a great job but that it takes time and that she'll learn soon enough  We'll continue to do our part as parents here at home, of course, but I'm thinking we may have to step it up a bit! :p 
It amazes me how she's learning patience at such a young age! 

Side thoughts: What a great reminder to us as adults! Good things and growth take time! Learning comes through the journey...the journey is the reward although it may not seem like it at the time.   The destination is the icing on the cake! :)

Day 2 of school came and she didn't want me to walk her to her class. Miss Independant! She is also begging to ride the bus! Good grief child, slow down!! I'm still processing you being in all day Kindergarten! I'll eventually let her ride at times...Mama just has to take baby steps! :) It is comforting to know that her cousins down the street ride the same bus, so it will be familiar and comfortable for her. 

Her favorite thing about school so far is Computers, and Recess time!! She wasn't a fan of Math time!! Me too Kate! Calculator please!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kate's Adventures continue:

Below is a picture of Kate's FOR Cheerleading team in a spirit huddle! GO STEELERS!
Paige, Jadyn, Aubree, Kate and their student coach Sam!


Sam worked very well with these girls! So patient and kind to them! They did such a good job at their 1st practice! They learned 3 cheers! Can't wait for their first game this week! It will be very entertaining, I'm sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment