Monday, March 12, 2012

I didn't sing b'c I couldn't find a key!

Ha! This made me laugh, really hard! My family cracks me up!

Let me first share this:

My Mamaw calls me and leaves 2 different messages on my cellphone. They were 2 minutes apart and one message lasted 20 seconds while the other lasted 14 seconds. Each message was basically the same, wishing me Happy Birthday! However, she didn't think the 1st one went through, so she left the exact same message the 2nd time. The 1st time it sounded as if she thought I answered the phone and was talking away. She then realized I had not answered and hung up.  It was funny!

Later that day,  I saw my stepmom on facebook and asked her to have my Dad call our house phone.  He called and wished me a Happy Birthday! We talked for a bit and he asked me if I had gotten his voicemail yet.  I told him, "No, not yet, but I will listen to it in a little bit."
He says to me, "Well I didn't sing along, b'c I couldn't kind a key!"
I was like, Huh?!  He sounded like he really felt bad about not singing along.  LOL! My Dad can be quite the comedian!  I figured he was referring to the voicemail, but I was still kinda confused.  (My Dad can play the piano and sing) So, he went on to say, "A bunch of us (my aunts, uncles, cousins) were out at Mamaw's and when I called to wish you Happy Birthday everyone decided to sing Happy Birthday to you." I immediately laughed out loud and put it all together in my head.  We got off the phone shortly after.  I immediately got my phone and listened to the voicemail." It was so sweet and thoughtful!  It was also an interesting rendition/melody of Happy Birthday! I could hear my Dad in the background.  He tried to follow the first initial note, but that changed so much that he just stopped singing! Afterwards I could hear him doing his famous "ah, ha!" laugh. He ended it with, "well, that was that!" "I love you Bop, Happy Birthday!" LOL! I laughed so hard!!!

Fast Forward about 2 hours.   Michael, Keith, Kim Burger and I were laying around watching movies. My Mom and Heather stopped by. They surprised me with Bday cards, a cookie cake and creme puffs! It was so sweet and thoughtful!  My Mom came walking in with a candelit cookie cake. Everyone starts singing, "Happy Birthday."  My mom started to sing along then stopped.  I was giggly at this point b'c I caught on as to why she stopped.  Afterwards, she said...."well I was gonna sing but I couldn't find the key they were in!" ROFL!!! She had no idea that my Dad just said the same thing earlier on the phone.  My Mom also sings and plays the piano, as well.  It's funny to me how some musically talented people can be sooo serious!!! In this case it was, "Happy Birthday." Really?! Lol..It isn't meant to sound perfect when a big group of family and friends sing it!" LOL That's what makes it fun/funny! I'm a musical person too, but when everytime I sing it I try to sound off key, and as terrible as possible-on purpose! LOL!

Anyways, Mom wanted to know what was so funny. I proceeded to tell her about what Dad said earlier. I then let her listen to the voicemail. Her and Heather laughed.  Ahhh, that made my day! I think Mom and I laughed more about it than anyone else.

I would say that "you would've had to been there"..but even those that were there didn't quite "get it."  That's usually what I say, "I don't get it" but, I got this one....so did my mom and we were rolling! hahhahah!

Anyways,  I thought it was so funny that I had to share!!

Thank you everyone for all the facebook messages, texts, and voicemails on my birthday!!! :)

I know! Let's all sing along together as I end this blog...."Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Michele, Happy Birthday to you!" Hahahahah!  :P

and many more..........

No comments:

Post a Comment