Monday, March 12, 2012

Rolling into our 30's

Michael and I have shared quite a few birthdays throughout our relationship!  We were born 3 days apart and even though I am only 3 days older, he enjoys rubbing it in....as if 3 days is a whole lot! ;) I guess it is when it comes to your "30th" :P
Our daughter, Katelyn, over the past couple of weeks has been telling everyone that I'm already 30.  I kept telling her over and over that I was still 29, of course up until this day! She was convinced. I wonder who put that in her head!? Thanks babe!
So, we celebrated our birthdays together Saturday night.  We went to Zio's and after dinner we went roller skating!! That was a lot of fun! We haven't been roller skating since our Youth Pastoring days. A big "thank you!" to everyone that braved it out with us!! You guys are good sports! Michael and I both did better than we thought! He fell once and I didn't fall at all. That equals success for me!  ;)

They had these cute little skate walkers for the kiddos! Katelyn enjoyed it so much!  Maddie's feet weren't big enough to wear the skates, so she hung out with her Nana. They ate candy and I'm pretty sure mom gave her some soda pop. Maddie enjoyed watching us in between her dance jams.



Many of you know that I am a picture fanatic! I intended on taking a lot of pictures, so I brought two cameras with me. However, I forgot my memory card at home! ;(
Awesome, I know! SO....several of us pulled out our cellphones....

Here are some pictures that my sister took for me: 

My sweet, dear friend Sara made this yummy cake for us!! She also made some awesome cupcakes that were devoured before we were able to snap a picture of them!

Above: A picture of us all photo-shopped and glamourized....lol...except my forehead (or as I would say as a kid, my fivehead) looks white and my cheeks look red/brown so I look kinda funny.
It's still a good pic-Heather you did a good job!


My amazingly awesome sister-n-law, Kim, hosted an "All about Michael/Michele game."
It was funny and not as embarrassing as I thought it would be!

Thanks Kim!! We love you!!


 
Above: Tricia snapped this phote while we were skating!

So glad that we survived skating! Ha! We felt like kids again! Well maybe not physically, but we did so in spirit! I was surprised of how fast it all came back to me. I didn't have any trouble really, except for the stopping part....I couldn't figure that out with the skates I had on. It resulted in me stopping myself by running into the wall-on purpose, of course! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment