Monday, March 12, 2012

"Mama, Can you make me a pollie?"

The girls "helped" me plant some flowers today in some of my pots.  Katelyn was a great big help until she got distracted by a little Rollie Pollie that she found.  My back was turned to Madelyn as I was working on a 2nd pot. I asked her to bring me those flowers that were on the ground by that other pot.  She did, or so I thought.  After each flower that she brought me I would say, "Good girl Maddie, thank you!"

When that particular pot was finished I turned around to see if there were any more flowers left in their crates that I could use elsewhere.  What I saw made me take a deep breath, I sighed, and then I  laughed. Maddie had given me the flowers from the other pot. So, I went back over to that pot and planted the flowers that were still in their crates on the ground! Those were the ones she was supposed to bring me (SMH!) lol!

In the meantime, Katelyn has found a leaf (a home) for her new pet rollie pollie that she named Jessie.  Then, Madelyn decides that she wants a rollie pollie. (Of course!) So Katelyn helps her look for one in the front and back flower beds.  They never did find one for Maddie.

It started to get dark so we went inside.  Jessie had to come too. 

Maddie comes up to me and says, "Mommy, I don't have a pollie! I want a pollie! Can you make me one?" LOL!

I love how kids think their Mama's can do/make anything! It's a blessing and a curse. ha!  She didn't like my response when I told her, "Baby, Mama's can't make pollie's; they are insects."

Later, it was all okay b'c Katelyn lost Jessie somewhere in the house. So, Maddie didn't care to have one anymore! Go figure! ;)

Ahh, my girls crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment